Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blogging for class

This semester, you will be given blogging assignments, worth 50 points as part of your total grade. These assignments will serve a couple of purposes. First, it will help those who are on the quiet side to express themselves about important copy-editing matters. Also, it will give you the chance to take some time and offer your views and thoughts on matters, perhaps using the resources of the Web to back up your thoughts.

I’ll have specific blog assignments and due dates, but you may use your blog for any other matters; just make sure I can get to your assignments and read them.

I have no particular allegiance to any Web sites for blogging, but your location must be accessible to me for grading and, if necessary, comments. My class-related blog is at www.blogger.com, where you can create one if you have a Yahoo! or Google/gmail ID. If you do not have one of those IDs, they are easy to create, after which you can create your blog. In the past, I’ve also been able to access blogs at Wordpress, Typepad and LiveJournal. My e-mail address for Yahoo!/Google/gmail access is dcwoodell@yahoo.com. Please take whatever steps you need to grant access to that ID; otherwise, I have no preference as to whether you keep your blog otherwise private or public.

Wherever you decide to host your blog, please make sure to keep your login and password in a safe place. While I’ll have access to everyone’s blog addresses, I won’t have login capabilities.

No comments: